January 21, 2009

In my spare time I'll get a job....

So, today I was suppose to turn in a resume and a letter to a coffee house in town that I'd really like to work at plus pick up an application at another one...but my day was filled in different ways....instead a friend in need spent the night with me and I then took her to pick up her car to get it worked on...followed by an afternoon of baby-registering ( something that is fun and also educational for someone like me without a child...I nearly hyperventilated when we got to the "pump and baby bottle aisle"...whaaaat?! Where is the manual on raising a baby when you need it!?! But, I'm happy to say that Amy is far more prepared than I'd be and therefore I'm glad SHE'S doing it first...I'm definitely learning a lot from her already!!) But, even though I didn't get what I was SUPPOSE to do today done, I was very much happy that I could be there for moral support and picture taking at Baby Registry Day...

But, then I came home and crashed. Thus, no application turning in just yet. AND on top of that...sigh....I don't know when I'm going to do it tomorrow either since I've got a coffee followed closely by me babysitting for a friend followed by another coffee....geez. I'm kinda wondering if its SELFISH to get a job! ( I hope you know that while I write that sentence I'm saying "pleasepleaseplease let me get a job!" in my head.)

I'm not giving up just yet. I've got several more days in the week left for me to "put myself out there"....and while I'm at it I'm tempted to go ahead and add "multiple coffee dates per day" as one of my skills...come on, people! That's gotta be worth something ;-)

No comments: