January 07, 2009

these things happen...

So, last night ( to recap) I had a blow out on my front tire and today I went to get it fixed. And as I left the tire dude flagged me down and fatherly-suggested that I get my breaks looked at as soon as possible because they were "acting a bit weird"....I had noticed this too, but I'd only been back a day for heaven's sake! And I had just assumed I was driving funny because I wasn't use to my car. *sigh* But, I guess that was too optimistic so I went and made an appointment for my car to be seen at the Toyota Dealership on Monday ( my car is still under warranty for another 4000 miles, whew!). I am now going to be THANKFUL that ( like an idiot) I hadn't rotated my tires before driving long distances and therefore prematurely needing two new tires, and therefore having someone tell me that I needed to get my car checked out all before the warranty runs out....so....yes. I suppose those are GOOD things.

So, I suppose the whole sentiment that when it rains it pours is true-especially since it has literally NOT stopped raining since I got back here on Monday night. Not helping things!

I did however fill out an application for the fancy-pants apartment today. Hopefully that will be approved ( thanks to my husband and HIS income. meh!) and I will be able to move in on Saturday or something ( honestly, PLEASE stop RAINING!!!).

At least the apartment already has a nice name ( fany-pants has a certain ring to it) and if all goes well and I get it-then I am already starting to pray that God would use the fancy-pants apartment for His good work and that I can bless LOTS of people in it! I can hardly wait to have my own kitchen again! YAY!
Cookies anyone?

Positive things about the day:
A long overdue chat with Lydia, A pedi-date with Amy, and making dinner with Leah. Friends a great blessing

1 comment:

Jillian said...

This is where I sampled it. I'm sure the price depends on how long it is, so your's would probably be much more than mine... but it seems so worth it!

http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html