January 07, 2009

the straw

The last straw:

I was driving to Bible Study in pour down rain ( who says that it only "drizzles in Washington" should be shot) and all of a sudden BAM!!!
And after I had checked myself to see if I had been shot, I became aware of the fact that my car was making a Thumpity-thumpity sound and sure enough my front right tire had given up on life as we know it.

( have you noticed a theme among my most expensive posessions?! They have all decided to give up on life at once!!!)

Anyway, the good things about this situation were:
I was just about to pull into bible study so I was able to drive into saftey.
Mike Wright was just dropping off Katie at Bible Study and changed my tire in the rain. God bless him.

So, the whole thing brought me to tears....mostly because I felt so little. I felt like a little kid trying to "play adult" and all I'd gotten was a flat tire and a bunch of un-answer life questions....I still didn't know what to do about the apartment or annnnything.

But, you know what? The tire thing did remind me that while God didn't stop the bad thing from happening-He did protect me and bless me through it...and I know He will not stop with just a tire!

No comments: