February 02, 2009

A life verse.

I got my Life Verse when I was 18.

And I'm gonna go ahead and call it a "life verse" because I don't see it dropping out of significance any time soon....

Today Amy and I did research. Or should I say I blindly googled and got no where and she contacted her "journalist friends" and found answers. She's seriously SO handy to have around...she researches my possible Future Life on the internet and I research her possible Future Life by actually living ( the army seems bent upon sending her husband on a MiT team too)...annnyway, the point of this story is that I have been feeling this unsettled feeling all day. I think its mostly the fact that my dearest and nearest here in Washington all seem to be laying Life Changing news at my door, reminding me that we just never know what's gonna happen.

To catch you up on the 'practical lives' of Brett and Abigail-we're currently waiting for the Powers That Be ( how do I get that job?!?) to tell us if Brett will get to stay in the infantry when he gets back from Afghanistan or will he will be changing to the Transportation Corp....and all of a sudden this is starting to feel real

I can't tell you how helpless I feel when the person I love the most is at the mercy at the people I hate most of all.

But, then I remember my Life Verse:

The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"
And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."
Ex. 33:14-16

It puts things in perspective doesn't it? It reminds me for one that that the Powers That Be are actually not that powerful afterall...AND it reminds me that no matter WHERE Brett and I go in a little over nine months the only thing that really matters is that His Presence will go with us.

And He will.

Friends, there is nothing to fear when He is the one who goes before you. I can attest to the fact that He will go with you even if you go to the opposite side of the world where you know no one. And He'll go with you if you go back to a hometown where you think you've got nothing going for you, and He'll go with you to a place that's scary and outside your comfort zone and He'll go with you to places you never saw yourself and places that you'd never thought you'd be and through it all He'll provide. He'll give you Friends when you're lonely, He'll give you direction when you're :ost, He'll give you provisions when you're Poor ( of spirit and body!), He'll give Love and He'll give Rest and above all in every place under the sun He will show Himself to be all that and More.

I know this to be true and I know it will continue to be the case. I do not know what God has in the future for Brett and I-and I suppose that's why thinking about it makes me all flummoxed in my tummy-because ultimately God has said:

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt 6:33-34

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for the reminder again ... how quickly I forget that dumb, simple lesson. It was just last week, wasn't it, that I said the Army is like God ... I cant do a dang thing to change it so I might as well just trust that it's going to be OK and He has it under his control like He always promised He would ...

Still, upheaval. Sigh.