February 01, 2009

Amazing Feats

So, I made "Puppy Chow" ( the glorious Chex Cereal mix that combines the perfect tastes of chocolate, peanut butter and pure sugar in a marriage of unending love) for my Sunday Night Bible Study's "Soup-er-Bowl party" ( which incidentally was followed by our usual bible study, its great living on the west coast where the super bowl is in the middle of the afternoon! )

Annnyway, so I got into the car, placed the large bowl of Puppy Chow on the seat next to me and headed on down the road only to have my happy driving interrupted two seconds later when my car starts beeping as though a bomb was about to go off in my car. That's right, friends. I made SO MUCH SUGARY GOODNESS that it was heavy enough for my car to think that another person was sitting in the passanger seat and that "said person" needed to put their seat belt on.
So, of course, I strapped in my Choco-peanut Love Fest and we thus made it safely to our destination.

Seriously though?

Apparently I brought a child-sized desert to the event, excessive much? ( But, this is what happens when I'm left alone on a Saturday night)....But, no harm done.... it was ALL GONE at the end of the night.
Now that, my friends is sweet.

3 comments:

C. Bright said...

Abigail!!!

Now I know that the Lord had me come here for a reason, 'cause I was just sitting in my room... minding my own business, when I saw your link on my blog and thought, "Hmm, there's Abigail... wonder if she's still alive and blogging." And you were! So I waddled over here and my eyes beheld the magic words... Puppy Chow!! Who would've thought that This Very Week I Made Puppy Chow Too And It Was Amazing!!!

::sigh:: So I feel like I should stop hollering at you over the internet, but it was a pleasant surprise, and you are a pleasanter surprise so... that's nice.

We should talk some time.
Candace

Anonymous said...

For those of us who do not live in the US, are you willing to share the recipe for this intriguing morsel with others? The idea of 'puppy chow' cunjures up all sorts of images for one here in Kiwi-land!

Anonymous said...

Hey,thanks, Abbey, for the recipe! I'm going to try it...when I finish my diet! Sounds a great way to celebrate reaching goal weight! Having just spoken to Lydia tonight, I now remember her mentioning making it with you down in Dunedin.