February 27, 2009

My darndest.

I woke and cried.

I know, right? How pitiful can you get?!?! But, I think I'm allowed at least one ( ok, two) such days in a week! For one thing I woke up with a headache. Which, you know, isn't suppose to happen because of the doctors magical drugs!!! I also woke up with the knowledge that I had NOTHING to do today. nothing.

My calendar was completely empty, which is something that has not happened ( except when I voluntarily wanted it to) since I moved back to Washington...and yet this week its happened SEVERAL times. This is beyond depressing and made me want a job more than anything, and it made me feel sorry for myself too. Everyone else has somebody. My somebody is in Afghanistan.

Yeah, yeah, wah wah waaaaah!

I just feel like I've been slapped upside the head a couple of times, though. I mean, if I look closely at what I have been doing it. I could definitely have put more time and effort into bible studies....and I'm sure I could have written some more letters...and maybe I could have volunteered somewhere?! I mean, I'm pretty sure this is all my fault. Its just sometimes you just wish life was easier. That you didn't have to Work So Hard to make things happen. Work So Hard to be happy.

So, today, since I already knew I was in a "bad way" I decided to NOT watch Alias. ( which is what I really wanted to do)...instead, I went to wal-mart and researched cakes for Amy's Babyshower, and I read The Shack and I took a nap, and now I'm sitting in Forza's coffee shop watching customers trickle in every once in a while.
And now I'm going to prepare my bible study for Sunday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I love you Abigail. I think I would crie on those kinds of days too. But my suggestion would to spend the day with God. Just a suggestion. And I know that it is probably not my place to suggest since you didn't really ask for suggestions. But maybe it will help. : )

Christa