February 11, 2009

prolonging the inevitable.

My bed is so nice and toast and warm right now! And I'm looking out of my window at blue sky and snow...and honestly, I just want to stay in bed all day and stare outside! But, since I already did that whole "stay in bed all day" thing once this week I'll just blog and get up after that.

Yesterday, at around 5:30 I went into Coffee Shop #1 to re-turn in my resume....and wouldn't you know it? But Boss Man was THERE!! It was truly a miracle since he was literally there for five minutes before leaving again! But, I was able to directly hand him my resume and Awesome Letter and talk to him for a few minutes. I don't know how my first impression was, but I do feel strongly that if God can make all these coincidences happen He can get me a job too! ( if He wants!) It looks like Boss Man is not even sure if he is going to hire anyone in the next little while, but at least I put myself into his mind as an option! We'll see!!

I think that God is teaching me about what 'work' is and what I should or shouldn't be doing to feel like I'm being an active member of society. Its a hard lesson!

Oddly enough, as Brett and I wait to see what his next step of fate in the army will be, I also feel this sense of calm that God knows better than we do about what that step should be, I just pray that He gives us hearts to accept whatever it is joyfully! ( this is already hard, since the idea of moving again in 8 months is NOT a joyful one!)...But, I am actually a little bit ( lets not get too carried away!) excited about the unknown adventures and new places to live that are in our future! I'd just like Brett to be around to enjoy them with me a little more ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am on the exact same page re: your last graf. I would note that I still, however, use it as an excuse to be *very* impatient for any and all information regarding changes :-). -- amy