February 13, 2009

2 years, 1 month....

2 years ago and one month to the day...I went to the Navigators Military Conference outside of Albany, New York. I was really impressed and freaked out all at the same time... all of a sudden it started to become very real to me what a life married to Brett would look like and that was scary...it was scary because it was all so new, it was not the ministry I had envisioned for myself, and it was not the life I had envisioned for myself...I started to wonder if I had it all wrong! But, then after going home and freaking Brett out by telling him what I was thinking, Brett and I came to a turning point in our relationship. I had to make the decision whether I could follow Brett, whether that meant in the army, or as part of the navigators or if it meant going off to Timbuktu...and it started to become very clear that that was not only exactly what I wanted to do, it was exactly what I was suppose to do.

fast forward and we're here....

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Albany, New York to attend the annual Navigators Military Conference yet again.....
how much has changed!

I just found my journal from that trip back in early 2007 and I had to smile at the notes I took at the different sessions. So many of the concepts and thoughts were no longer foreign or new to me ( good ol' navigators! Gotta love those illustrations!), and the relationship of Yesterday is the marriage of Today....
so much has changed!

That ministry that I never thought I could be a part of, is the ministry that I moved back to Washington for, and that life that I never thought I could live is the very life I have. I look back at my journals in awe that all those times that I prayed over and over again that God would "direct my path"...He did! And as much as I have changed....
The Lord, He has not changed at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, right now I am really missing you. Text me your address so I can write you a letter, okay?
Love you! ;)
Esther