February 10, 2009

Stolen.

So, remember how I said I needed to pray for my friends more?! Remember that? Well, apparently God thought that Monday would be a good day for me to spend all day with my eyes closed ( in prayer, I guess)...and I woke at 4am with a mother of a migraine. Awesome.

Thus a day of me laying in bed.

The only REAL problem with this scenario ( since let's not lie, I don't do that much on Mondays), is that the night before I heard through the grapevine that some friends were sitting in Coffee Shop #1 ( the first one that I left my application at)....and heard the boss-man looking over applications and lamenting that the girl he wanted to hire wouldnt call him back....sooooooOo being good friends and looking out for me, my friends asked him about ME and said he should hire ME because I'm wonderful and experienced and so on and so forth...so Boss-Man proceeds to look through his applications and can't find mine there at all!

SOME ONE STOLE IT! Or threw it away ( or the less dramatic reason: it got lost)!!!
Anyway, whatever the case, all day yesterday between my blurry sight and shooting pain I could only think about how my job prospects were slipping away because someone misplace my resume and I wasn't going to get it back in in time!

Of course, all of this WOULD happen after I'd gotten all calm and peaceful about NOT having a job. Nice. Fantastic timing per usual.

For what its worth, I'll be taking in ANOTHER resume and cover letter in this evening ( that's apparently when the boss man is usually in) in the hopes that I will have a second chance. I will also try and bear in mind that all of this is in God's hands....*sigh*

Other things going on in my life today:
1. Its snowing. Pretty hard.
2. I'm making cookies for Bible Study tonight.
3. We're doing a special talk on Purity this evening...should be interesting! But, we've been praying about this for over a month so I'm hoping it'll go well!
4. I'm starting to think about packing for my trip to New York this weekend. I'm thinking mittens are in order.
5. I'm putting my flannel sheets on my bed today. Its just that cold.

1 comment:

donnave said...

Well, ABigail, please remember the response that I got to the S>S. lesson on purity. Just because God asked me to have the lesson on that...and, it happened to be Easter Sunday with all kinds of guests. Derek and his latest girl, ROBERT, Nichole, Paige, Will and his girl at the time, Cristin. Oh my gosh, the day lived in infamy. Hope yours went better!!