March 30, 2009

The Evil Empire

Its true. I've become a complete Starbucks junky. It happened pretty slowly ( as most drug habits do) that I hardly noticed. For one thing there is a Starbucks a walking distance from my house, for another thing they have a drive-thru ( nice for those moments when you're running late for church and you need a caffeine hit), and then on top of that I started meeting all my girls there for our "dates"...every time I'd say, "where do you wanna meet?" they'd always give me that location...so what was I gonna do? I also found that when I got lonely I was more than likely going to run into someone I knew there...two people from Bible Study actually work there and then it seems the rest of the Navigator crew seem to congregate there at all hours of the day....sooooo....that's how it happened.

And that's how I ended up adding up how much money I spent at Starbucks this month and I found out that...well.....its pretty bad.


So after some investigation into ways to save money at Starbucks ( including a trip to Costco to see if they still sold gift cards for reduced prices-sadly, they don't, its only a holiday deal)....today I ended up getting a gift card. For one thing its a way to easily keep track of how much money I'm spending. And for another thing with the gift card I can use their internet access ( which is important since this weekends developments of no wi-fi at the house) AND I get free soy. That says me 40 cents a drink!!! That's a LOT!


So that's the new plan. And I'm trying to not think about how the old version of me is totally judging this new version of me. *sigh*

2 comments:

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

sometimes evil corporations are just so darn convenient :-)

Lyds said...

Ahhhh! Not you too! You know here it you take your own travel mug they take 80c off your drink as well. Can you do that too?