April 30, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

So, all of a sudden things got crazy busy. Mostly because I found myself "working" the past few days, thus giving me MUCH less time to do the usual tiny amount of things I do in a day...which, lets be honest, if pressed I can fit it ALL into about two hours....BUT, then on top of that I had to do some "rearranging" in the fancy pants apartment since, come a week from now there will be another person living in it!! Crazy! I know!

Yes, friends, I am getting a roommate of sorts. In Navigator terms she'll be moving in to be "discipled" by me, but more likely than not she'll find out I watch a lot of Friends on DVD and become sorely disappointed with her new living arrangments....however, on a good day, hopefully, we will be living life along side each other for a little while and I'm sure we'll teach each other a lot-when she's not off saving lives as an Army nurse ( turns out EVERYONE in the army have horrible work hours, not just Brett...hehehe!)

Anywho, she was suppose to move in at the END of May ( which gave me plenty of time to move all the boxes that are in the spare bedroom into the garage AFTER I got back from Texas) but things came up and she'll be moving in while I'm in Texas ( awesome! I won't even have to PRETEND to help the guys move boxes! ) and thus when I return I'll have another person living in the house with me...something I haven't had since December ( and that doesn't count because I was just visiting my parents then...)

Definitely a lot to adjust to, and also a lot to do before she arrives....things like buy a totally great color-coded calendar so that we can keep up with each others schedules ( these are the things that I find HIGHLY important...possibly more important than whether there is toilet paper in that spare bathroom...hmmmm)....

Yes, there are have been a lot of changes going on in the past few days, and I think May is going to look decidedly different from April. I also made the extremely hard decision to leave my church in the view of returning to the chapel service on Fort Lewis. This was a very hard call, since I loved my church here, and enjoyed the teachings a lot. However, after several months of praying about it, it seemed that for the good of the girls in my bible study, and the hopes of maybe reaching more of the women of fort lewis and creating a better since of fellowship and camaraderie with the rest of the Nav ministry and the girls the ministry already...it was time to stop being selfish and do the harder thing.

Of course, right when all sorts of things are going on here in Washington, what BETTER time to just check out and head off to Texas where swine flu is apparently knocking everyone out?! Yes, I was always one for good timing....

No comments: