April 13, 2009

English Breakfast Tea

*sigh* I have a certain friend who loves black tea, and she drinks it with steamed milk and an equal. I know this because I'm a good friend...but today, since I gave up espresso drinks, I figured I'd follow suit and buy myself a cheap ( $1.50) cup of tea to justify my using the internet at this particular location...and let me just go ahead and say it is NOT THE SAME.
I'm missing my double tall soy latte like crazy right now....

Anyway, kids, lots has happened in the past few days...there was the Shrinky Dink party on Saturday night-which was a roaring success ( I PROMISE I'll post pictures soon!). So much so that the boys threw their own Shrinky Dink party near by and crashed our party with a very large Easter Bunny Costume in tow....not quite what I expected, but I always suspected that hardened army soldiers secretly wanted to do craft nights and now my suspicions are true.

On Sunday I celebrated Easter in low key fashion with church and then Pad Thai with Amy and Luke followed by a rainy afternoon of reading and napping and then off to Bible Study where we finished off 2 Peter and I tased to of the guys with my pink taser. ( tased is a word, Amy B. I promise! hehehe!). They begged and pleaded and finally we went outside and two of the guys were tasered ( also a word). Boys. They are weird. Who begs and pleads to be subjected to pain?

I do think it bought me some semblance of popularity or at LEAST notoriety for a few days at least so thats something I guess...

And for those of you who are wondering, yes, I now have two guns AND a pink taser. I refuse to touch the guns ( they are most definitely Brett's and NOT mine!) but Brett is so set upon my "safety" that I backed down and let him buy me the pink taser ( pink, because its for girls...) and now I'm ultra protected. Although, I did learn, after my tasing ( also a word) experience on Sunday, that you really have to HOLD the taser on the person if you want to do significant damage to them...not really something I quite imagined I'd do to an assailant ...but SURE, WHY NOT!?! I suppose it could happen.

In other news, I've recently added a "Twitter" Application to my blog-now you can keep track of me minute by minute ( or hour by hour as the case may be) by following me on Twitter ( which is now updating on my facebook status and here on my blog simultaneously)...so now I'm SUPER STREAMLINE and you can know all the details of my life UP TO DATE and BY THE MINUTE so that you too can stalk me. But, be careful, if you get too close I'll totally taser you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah thats great ... and the tea is delicious ... and heres something ...

http://chronicle.com/news/article/3417/to-tase-is-a-runner-up-for-word-of-the-year