April 05, 2009

Punishment.

Today was beautiful, I went to church which was great and I went to a fascinating lecture on Art Print work and bookmaking and I talked to my parents on the phone...and that's when things went down hill.

So, I'm talking on my phone using my headset so that I'm being all "legal" and "handsfree" while driving and so once I got home I was still talking and I turned to get out of my car and just FORGOT about my phone in my lap and it just slid out of the car onto the pavement and just breaking the "protective" case on it and then cracking the front of my phone pretty badly....
its still usable if held very very delicately, but sadly it will have to be replaced.

That would mean that I only had it five months before BREAKING IT.....

MEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH! How old AM I!?! Honestly! I'm such a dropper! And I've felt sick to my stomach ever since. I've decided, however, that I must punish myself. I mean, I'm so sick of this kind of thing happening to me-and surely there is a way to LEARN how to hold onto things and NOT drop them.

Punishment seems like a good idea.

So what's something that I looooove and that will end up equaling the $200 that I've basically crashed on the ground!?!


That's right. Friends. I'm giving up Starbucks. I'm not sure for how long...but I guess as long as I think will equal $200 saved. So probably not very long ;-)
Just Kidding.

But seriously. I'm so angry at myself. And sick. Sick and Angry. I wish I was more of a grown up sometimes....

5 comments:

Tabitha said...

Dropping things is not a sign that you haven't grown up. I should be able to eat without spilling, but I still avoid light coloured clothes and food together. We just have to pay more attention to stuff like unsecured devices and doorways. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, um, even when Im NOT pregnant I dont eat fondue. Why? Because I KNOW I will spill it on myself and it will be very bad.

Also I feel kinda bad because didnt we JUST have a conversation about being a dropper? Maybe I jinxed you!

(you totally had me going with the starbucks thing btw)

Anonymous said...

Abigail, I know how miserable you feel, especially if it's a beloved device like an iphone. They are so wonderful. And, by the way, I've always considered self-punishment ineffective. So, as your father, I'll think of something.
Papa

Monica said...

Although I don't know the exact condition of your phone, I can tell you that I cracked my iphone about 8 months ago and it still works like a charm. And, to make you feel better, I broke mine the exact same way...it's easy to do :)

Think of it not as being a dropper, but instead being a multi-tasker that occasionally has a slip-up. yeah.

Katie Middlebrook said...

You did something completely normal to your phone- people drop and break phones all of the time! You were good enough to even put a protective case on it to try and prevent such accidents. My phone is gone because I put it in the dish- wait for it- washer :). Good news is- we are both going to have iphones now. Hope today is better!