May 04, 2009

A day for praise

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup. You hold my lot...
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken...
You make known to me the path of life in the presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore...
Ps 16:5-8,9


I found myself without anything planned to do today since the babysitting I was suppose to do for a friend fell through because of a sick kid ( swine flu?! Probably not! hahaha!). And I great part of me is relieved. I have a headache ( hellooooo neck tension!) and I slept poorly... probably not the optimal 3 year-old Entertainer at this point.....so instead, here I am at Starbucks ( I lifted the coffee ban....*sigh*), listening to Hillsong....

On Friday night I went to a minor league baseball game with some friends ( as you can see from my picture post from the game) and I got a ride from a friend who lives in the same apartment complex that I do ( at least for the moment! He's deploying soon...) anyway, he was jammin to Hillsong and Hillsong United in his car and I was struck by how LONG it has been since I listened to these praise songs! It brought back days past in great detail and force....

I was reminded of times when hope and optimism reined ( ahhhh Dunedin Days!) when I first sang these songs in church and I was also reminded of times when those praise songs where about the only praising going on in my life, times when the darkness seemed to have no end ( ahhh! 2005). I pretty much retired Hillsong after that, and yet this week as I revisit some of these great songs of truth, I am glad that I can say with certainty that there is never a time when Praise to the Lord most high is not due Him....and as we all continue on in whatever the Day brings...remember that: There is fullness of joy in His Presence...

No comments: