May 27, 2009

A Need to Breathe

Today was my day off....I have honestly not had a day when I went leisurely about activities without anyone to see or anything to do at a specific time in a month. And I realized yesterday that I have not been in my own home on a weekend in over a month. A month.

So, yes things have been a bit hectic and I needed a deep breath. Thus today. I had a longer quiet time then normal, I had some time to say longer prayers for people who deserve longer prayers more often, I cleaned and I listened to More Time by Needtobreathe ( For some reason I keep thinking of my friends Amy and Luke all the other military couples having to say goodbye here at Fort Lewis over the next month or two every time I listen to it and it makes me cry...so this one's for you, Amy), I threw together a little greek salad and ate it on my balcony and then I took a walk with a Diet Coke to the library and ordered several books on interlibrary loan ( I've got exotic book tastes apparently), I walked home and then dragged two camping chairs ( one to sit in, one to prop my feet on) over to the park across the street and sat reading "Travelling Mercies", by Annie Lamott, until my legs started to look a little dangerously reddish and I needed a drink of water....

All in all I'm feeling decompressed.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

And to think a month before that you had nothing to do.

Abigail... said...

I know, right?! hahaha!