May 25, 2009

What I think...

I'm sitting on my balcony, trying to decide which color on my toes looks better ( each foot has a different polish on it)....

Across the street the neighbor kids are trying decide whether they want to play Freeze Tag or What Time Is it Mr. Fox, a game I have not thought about since grade school....

I can smell numerous cookouts from all up and down the block as Memorial Day is memorialized in barbecue form...

And just below me I watched a soldier in his uniform get in his car to drive into work...probably on staff duty or something...

I know its hard to take these few moments and time and equate it to some soldier fighting in a war in either some far off time or far off place, and yet...I know that in very incomprehensible ways all of this was made possible by men and women who have sacrificed much.

I'm Thankful.

1 comment:

Tiffany F. (soon to be Tiffany M.) said...

very true. i'm thankful too :)