June 27, 2009

a ball of tissue

Sooooo....let's seeeeee what's happened in the past few days? Well, for one thing I've gone through a box and a half of tissues. And while, yesterday, I seemed SO much better-I guess my body was just being a trickster because my nose and throat have reached new levels of grossness. Lovely.

But even in the midst of me not getting much done because of the blowing of the nose action, I am starting, with much trepidation, to get excited about Brett's upcoming R&R ( rest and relaxation, and for those of you who have come to me with confusion...this, sadly, does not mean that Brett is coming home for good...nope, he's coming home for 15 days....just long enough for me to get good and attached to him before he goes back to A-stan for another four and half months....but believe me I'll take it!!!)...so even though every part of my military-minded-mind is telling me that NO! IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN! DONT GET TOO EXCITED! THE DATES COULD CHANGE! THINGS COULD HAPPEN!!
I realized that a teeny tiny bit of the funk of been experiencing of late has been due to me being all nervous-y about this leave time...I mean, GEEZ...it's been SEVEN months since of seen my husband...and while I've seen pictures to prove that he's as hot as ever, and I've heard his voice most days to remind me that its still as deep as ever....it'll just be weird for him to come crash this little "party" I've been livin' in for the past while....don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD! But its weird.
For my readers who have been separated from their spouses for any long length of time, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...its this strange factor that you must fight against...and for those of you who DON'T know what I'm talking about...May you never understand.

Anyway, so to combat all the mental gymnastics my mind is going through, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and just GET EXCITED! Because, seriously? How much do I miss Brett?! ( a lot)
And how LONG have the past seven months been?! ( long)
And how silly is it to be married and not get all the benefits of having someone else take out the trash? ( really silly)


Just ( partly) kidding about the last thing...

No comments: