June 27, 2009

Opening the Vault: July 19, 2004

So, I can't sleep...this is annoying since I went to be early for the specific reason of getting lots and lots of "healing" sleep...arg! Anyway, while I'm up I'll share another old post from my blog circa 2004...and after you read it also bare in mind this piece of truth:
Now, five years later I can honestly say I do not really know why I was in so much anguish and sadness that particular night...I mean, I can guess...but I'd only be guessing...because, see? Somethings do fade....


Monday, July 19, 2004
So, I know that the quote at the top of my blog as been there for a long time-in fact a few times I have thought about putting up a different one-but then I go back and I read it again,

" God does not open paths for us before we come to them, or provide help before help is needed. Yet when we are at our point of need, God's hand is outstretched.~ Unknown"

and I am just encouraged again.
I also think the quote has been SO true in my life, so many times that has happened for me, it really is perfect to discribe what my life is about-therefore what my blog is about.

In the past few days I have been thinking specifically of the idea of the "point of need"...usually the point of need is not the happiest of places-Personally at the moment I am crying on my bed...and not just tears but actually crying OUT....it is that place where you are totally STUCK for some reason or another. The all important part of the quote "God's hand is outstretched" is really the key and yet I dont think I really got it the first time I read it, or even the second- Because, I the first thing that came into my head when I read that, is that God just helps you out of the situation. Done deal. But, these past few days I have been thinking about it and I realized that is rarely the way. It just doesnt always work out: Problem, solution, problem, solution...
I realized that the best part of this quote is what it implies: God takes your hand and LEADS YOU....He does provide help, but it's still a battle...the sting is still there, you still have tears running down your face, except this time God is holding your hand, He is providing you with a friend, providing you with His word of Truth, providing you with a situation that gives relief...all things that never meant quite as much as they do in that moment of need.
I think so many times-especially in this day and time-we are taught that when we become Christians we will be safe and sound-peachy keen...not true. We are also taught to expect results quickly, sort of like fastfood-if it doesnt come in 5 minutes it should totally be free...I have been reminded once again that God isnt like that at all-infact, many times at the point of need we are not even given relief right away...no, instead we are just given PROMISE of relief....wait, strike that-we ARE given relief right away...infact, it has already been given. Jesus died for us. THAT was the ultimate relief for all our sins, for all our grief, for all our points of need. *sigh* so THATS why that quote is going to stay there a little bit longer.

No comments: