June 15, 2009

Eating up my time...

Today I woke up, did my personal quiet time, talked to Brett on the phone for a little while, then did a bible study with Lindsay, headed to the Stroud's house where I babysat for all four of their children ( summer has a whole new meaning for me now: more work! hehe!)....where I played basketball, calmed several crying fits, watched a movie and put a three year old to sleep with the sound of my voice ( I was talking on the phone) and a backrub ( thank goodness! I support napping for ALL ages!)

I then headed to the library to pick up season 2 of West Wing ( I love how you can just request a movie or a show and they just send it to your nearest branch. like magic!) and then straight home for a shower ( umm...all that basketball made me a bit sticky! heh) and then off to eat Korean BBQ with a bunch of friends and now I'm home again!

It wasn't until right before the Korean BBQ that I realized I'd totally forgotten to eat! All day! This just about never happens...hahaha! But considering the oil and fat involved in my dinner I'd say I barely came out even....

I gotta tell you though, this busy day was an answer to prayer! I needed a day full of constant distraction...sometimes its really good for the soul! ;-)

No comments: