June 14, 2009

Opening the Vault: June 5, 2004

Well, when I was doing a little reminiscing on my 100,000th view the other day, it got me thinking about how SAD it is that the year of 2004 version of my blog is no longer available on the internets (sic). Soooo, I've decided to periodically give you a little slice of the 2004 pie, so to speak, and let you take a journey back in time to when I was a silly university student who seemed to think life was complicated, when in actuality I had NO CLUE what complicated really meant ( hahah! how time would tell!) But, every so often that 20 year-old version of myself would say semi-funny things....like this post I bring you tonight, a post that I wrote in jest at all the books I was reading for my Rom Lit class...
Enjoy!


Well, my dear friend, it is with no small joy that I write to you today. At brunch this morning, I was infinitely pleased to discover that cream cheese and croissants were on the menu. I have not the language to describe the delight and trepidations that this caused in my heart and it was well into the second course before I was able to truly recover my emotions.
I had the good fortune of attending church this morning, though the weather was far from favorable. I had feared that the cold rain and wind would severally dampen my spirits as well as my attire but, I had the honor, however, to be received into Rueben’s car halfway through my journey, thus I arrived at church without any alterations to my appearance, being saved from a very dreary walk. Providence has truly looked upon me with Mercy this day!
I also had the great joy in having an interview with my dear mother this afternoon. We were in no way brief in our discourse and it was not less than two hours before I was unengaged again. My mother always offers great relief and no small diversion when I am studying and I was, as always, most grateful for her intercourse.
I was, this afternoon, inclined to study, even for a short time, however my mind was most diverted by various thoughts and the dreariness of the weather and I was in risk of being quiet melancholy. I did collect my countenance, however and thus I found myself happily entertained in making lists of useless professions that I could acquire in the coming year when my studies have ceased. A few days previous I had written a small note to my dear friend, Sam stating my desire to become the sound technician for a local group of deaf musicians who are planning to go on tour. I found no small amusements in this jest, and therefore I was determined to continue the game.
Even before tea was being served I found myself, once again nervous and out of spirits. I was ashamed at my lack of restraint and have thus resolved myself to this letter in hopes that your love and acceptance will again remind me of my Duty to you and to those far less fortunate than myself. It is with this that I will end this letter as your most faithful humble servant, Abigail Kathryn Abt of Nacogdoches Abt family

Posted by: Abigail / 10:55 PM

1 comment:

donnave said...

I loved this, Aba-gelli! It most certainly does remind me of that girl whom I visited in NZ.