June 12, 2009

one hundred thousand

Today something super exciting happened. Today I had my 100,000 view on this blog! Yay! That's exciting, isn't it? Especially since I've been blogging on a pretty regular ( sometimes obsessive) basis since May of 2003. With over 1,800 posts and over one million words I have regaled you ( or tried to) of the stories of my life....at first it was your typical life of a college student, how much sleep I wasn't getting, how many papers I had to write, what random fun I'd had with my friends, all as a way to connect my family back in the States with my life in NZ...and then we hit 2004-2005 where I went from a pretty happy go lucky girl in New Zealand to a pretty mixed up girl in Texas....looking for jobs, trying to figure out my identity, dealing with some pretty heavy emotional stuff in my every day life, all the while missing my best friends in NZ, my blog became the missing friend that I most desperately needed....then 2006 happened. You'll notice that my posts nearly doubled if you look at my archives. There is a very specific reason for this and his name is Brett.
That's right, at the end of 2005 I ran into my now-husband, Brett who I'd been "sorta" friends with in high school and we reconnected and after a few emails back and forth I started to notice that I was getting hits from an internet browser at Fort Benning, Georgia. Weeeelllll, since I didn't know anyone else at Fort Benning, GA, I put two and two together and realized that even though this guy was playing it cool in the real world, he was stalking me hot and heavy via my blog....thus the year of the subtle courtship, where I blogged just about constantly, mostly amid directly at a certain 2nd Lt. in the United States Army. So, while I give God all the credit for bringing Brett and I together, I give my blog secondary credit for giving Brett the long distance nudges that he needed. hehe.
In the years following, I have found that my blog continues to play these rolls in my life, connection to loved ones across the globe ( as well as with new friends that I've made THRU this blog!), a much needed ( have you SEEN my life?!) form of therapy when things get hard, and it continues to be a source of information for my husband, who still drops by every so often when he has time to check the internet during his deployment in Afghanistan, about my day to day life. I can honestly say, that when I started this blog in 2003, I never thought once about how long it would last or what forms it would take in my life, but from the beginning I decided I would only blog as long as it was "worth it", as long as I could and WOULD be perfectly honest about my day to day Walk in this world, most importantly my day to day struggle to follow Christ as best as I can. I have always found it very important to share when I'm feeling weak, and when I'm doubting, as well as the times that I feel blessed and encouraged. So far it has been an honor to share this part of my life with my readers ( whoever you are!), and if I could be so bold, I'd love it if you left a comment every once in a while ( on this post would be perfect), since comments are pretty much the crack of the blogging world...but, anyway, thanks again for reading my blog, whether this is your first time visiting, or you've been around from the beginning....here's to the next 100,000!

9 comments:

The Kid In The Front Row said...

Well done on a thousand views!

Just Josh said...

Congratulations on 100k sis-in-law!

Tabitha said...

Has it really been that long? Thank you for entertaining, informing and inspiring me for 5 years(I started reading it mid 2004). How far we have come. It's been fun. Here's to the next 5 years. :)

donnave said...

How wonderful!! My blog has come and gone, but, I still find out how you and your life are doing...wherever you may be. Love you lots! Aunty D

Kristin said...

I don't know you - but I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. :) I wish I was as dedicated to mine as you are to yours... something that I'm working on improving. :) Thanks for being so honest in your blog and sharing your struggles and your blessings - very inspirational! :) I hope you get your husband back home very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Most of those views probably belong to me. :)

-Amy K.

P.S. The books are in the mail.

Anonymous said...

yes yes you did just use the words "hot and heavy" on your blog. good work.
(and congrats!)

the washington amy

Louise said...

Glad you are still blogging :) It'd be weird if you stopped, i've been checking it at least twice a week (and more like daily) for the last five years!! Love the updates on what's happening in your life.

Abby Scorsonelli said...

Would you believe your blog is one of my daily go-to websites? You're a talented, honest writer, and I enjoy every post. Keep 'em coming!