June 12, 2009

Regular Scheduled Programming

I'm going to go ahead and cling to this until my fingernails give out:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13

I must admit I've got really much zero joy today. And I'll also admit its kinda hard to find peace at this moment in time too, but after all the crying and the praying ( please don't ask!), it is encouraging to know that he is the "God of Hope" as in, that's His NAME! And how can I get said "hope" for myself?! Apparently by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Well, this I know must be true...since I'm not going to get it by any other way but by something that is Powerful.
He is powerful in these circumstances...the ones here today! It seems that Jesus would have it His way...not by taking away pain, but somehow giving us the ability to live through it.

I'm now incredibly dehydrated and need some sort of refreshing beverage to refill my tear ducts for another day....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard day... if it helps, I totally get where you're coming from. We may not be sad or crying for the same reasons, but I fully believe that He wont give you anything you can't handle. And, in the end, even the trials are blessings. I hope yours turns into a blessing soon.