June 10, 2009

Why you should read...

So, I've added two new features to my blog. One of them is a category called "Books I recommend..." which is made up of a few of the books I've read in the past year. And let me tell you, it was hard deciding which ones to recommend! I mean, I didn't want to recommend ALL of the books I've read ( for one thing, they weren't all good...) because I didn't want to overwhelm you with titles but instead give you a list of books that, if I may say so, I think EVERYONE should read....ok, not everyone....but MOST of you...and you'll find that each book is magically linked so that you can go and check out to see if by "everyone" I mean YOU.
Obviously, this section will be changing ( if I remember!) as I think of books I've already read that need some recognition and as I read more books that need some props, so keep on the look out folks!

Which brings me to my next new category. This was brought to you by my friend Tabitha, who is currently in the process of "The Great Read" where she is reading a whole bunch of classics with a friend of hers and she's showing her list on the side of her blog, where she crosses off the books she's read....

Ok, so a while back I had a Great Enlightenment and decided that I need not read all the "classics" or the books that the New York Times Best Sellers LIst deems worthy ( or, heaven forbid, books that OPRAH thinks are good!), but instead I would read all the books that *I* wanted to read, and if I finished with that list then, maybe I'd think about reading those so called "Literary Masterpieces" ( and yes, some of them ARE..), anyway, ever since I got an iPhone, I've been keeping a running tab on all the books that I come across that I feel like I really MUST get around to reading...and today, I decided to go ahead and share that list with you! This list will most likely get longer and longer, but I will keep the names up there for at least a full year ( maybe longer depending on how I do) and just cross them off when I've read them ( some of them may even make it into the "Books I recommend" category, but either way I feel like they're all super interesting and worth a look...and, as you can see I left a little "joke" on my list so you could see what a crossed off book looks like....

So there you have it....the books that are on Abigail's Mind...

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

And yet, occasionally Oprah is right. lol I am very impressed with your list. I can't wait to hear about the books! I might, one day in the distant future, even have time to read them. Aren't lists wonderful?