July 12, 2009

Cliche but nice

Right now I'm listening to Brett snore on the couch next to me. And while I promised you that my next post would be a picture of Brett, I'm thinking he wouldn't appreciate a picture of him with his mouth open sleeping! hahaha! So, you'll all just have to wait on a picture, but I promise he looks great ;-)

Today was so very odd, but absolutely wonderful. It started with a phonecall from Brett saying that he'd be in on a flight around 1pm-and then I tried to go back to sleep, which was somewhat successful-but my sleep was interrupted by thunderstorms! Seriously!
Washington just about never has lightening or thunder ( something I greatly miss)...but today we enjoyed several hours of hard rain and thunder and lightening to start the day.

So I sat on my balcony and did my quiet time, all the while watching the rain come down. I then remembered what God promised me before Brett's deployment....that even in the midst of the desert He would provide His Rain...and no matter how hard and "drought" like it got-He would provide! And lookie here! He did! That hard downpour of rain this morning was a good reminder of all the many things He's gotten us through in the past eight month, very neat! And how eternally grateful I am to Him for helping us through some pretty tough times.

Anyway, by the time I got the airport ( I almost cried several times on the way...just thinking about seeing Brett) I was about to burst-and even though they let me back to the gates so I could meet Brett straight away...I had to wait behind a bunch of line-skipper-flight-attendants! It was pretty much the worst moment of waiting in the history of man, but I finally got through, and while I was not there to see Brett get off the plane I was there in time to meet him at the end of a long walk way and make one of those TOTALLY cliche moments where we run and we hug and everyone around you KNOW is totally looking at you ( the guy in the army uniform and the girl in the short dress (hehe!)...but WHO CARES?!

In those few moments it was as if the greatest weight had been lifted! And it was like all the things that I knew and loved about Brett plus a whole bunch of things that I actually FORGOT I loved about him came flooding back....

greatness.


And you know what? I really hope none of you have to be away from your spouse for a long period of time...but if you DO...let me promise you that seeing them again after a long separation is pretty darn cool. So keep your chin up! After 247 days in a row of not seeing each other, we're back down to zero. Just the way I like it.

P.S. He's still snoring.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

WOOHOO!!! SO glad your husband is back home where he belongs!!! Enjoy him! :)

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

It's so awesome to see God come through on His promises -- I mean, He always does, and we know that, but the HOW never ceases to amaze me.

"And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God" -- what a testimony of how God can even use the Army and a deployment to strengthen a marriage.

ltualla said...

thats awesome! except the line-skipper-asian-flight-attendants... i was offended, i dont know why, exactly......enjoy each other's company.....

Abigail... said...

my thoughtlessness has been edited. Thanks for the comments :-)