July 07, 2009

Rinse, Repeat.

Sometimes my quiet time, which usually consists of readings for several different books, as I make my way through the Bible, will speak to me on a certain topic in every single section of reading....I love it when this happens, because it helps get the message through my thick skull...

The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lam 3:25-26

But though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love, for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men. Lam 3:32-33

Will the Lord spurn me forever?....Had his steadfast love forever ceased?.....Has God forgotten to be gracious?...."
I will remember the deeds of the Lord, yes, I will will remember your wonders of old!"
Ps: 77:7,8,11

Be Patient, therefore, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruits, being patient. You also be patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.....as an example of suffering and patience, brothers take the prophets who spoke the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:7, 11

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Amen! Oh how dependent we are upon His compassion and mercy and how good it is to be reminded that He remains faithful!