July 31, 2009

talk, talk, talk

Whew! What a day! I'm totally exhausted, but a part of my body* will NOT let me go to sleep. ( * the part that thinks that Brett COULD call...you never know.)

*sigh* So, anyway, I'm going to do my best to finish the book that I've been reading off and on for ages-I'm very much looking forward to writing a review for this one, so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for that one.

And, as for my day, it was very stock full of talking. I had an early morning coffee with Tina ( she came over after her shift at Starbucks, baring the gift of coffee, so I let her in to take a shower and share some good fellowship time with her)....followed by a field trip to the wedding dress store with my roommate to do her first fitting for her wedding dress! YAY! It was great fun, and I'm so excited for her! Then, we had lunch and then I came home for a nap, but juuuust as I was about to get to sleep I got a call from Amy to get a quick catch up with her, so I was out the door again to sneak in a little talk with her ( boy, deployments do a number on a person! Let me tell you, army wives deserve metals!) and then I was home again to do bible study with Linds.

So, I feel like if there is any more advice giving, talking and/or listening left to be done today, I honestly don't know where it would come from.
That being said, my talk with Tina today reminded me of this great quote. I actually stopped mid-sentence, interrupting myself to think of it....yeah....I'm that kind of a dork:

Do you realize that your imagination of the future, which is almost always dictated by fear of some kind, rarely, if ever, pictures me ( God) there with you?!

That quote is courtesy of the book The Shack , which I don't altogether recommend...but that quote was worth the read for me at least!

No comments: