July 30, 2009

A breeze.

And so here we are, Brett has been gone for two days... I finally heard a peep from him, via email, so I know he's still alive. This was very relieving to all my silly fears that don't believe me when I tell them that things are probably totally fine, and that I would KNOW if something was really wrong....yes, I talk to my silly fears-and they hardly ever listen....

In the past few days I've occupied most of my time with trying to stay cool. With record breaking temperatures-as in the hottest days in recorded history-and only a box fan to cool the house down, I went from one air-conditioned location to the next, trying to stay cool ( along with every other person living in Washington). But, with all that going on, there has been a lot on my heart to pray for the past few days and its been hard to find the time that I wanted on the computer to be able to email people that I wanted to email, and to write the blog posts that I wanted to write ( my computer is ancient of days and doesn't like the hot weather-she pretty much "goes to sleep" every few minutes if she gets too over heated). But, this morning, it seems that things are a TAD cooler and I've been able to stay in my bedroom, with the fan blowing directly on my body, without too much suffering and so here I am!

First of all, I felt like my last post was a bit too despairing and I'd like to amend that-and I'll blame the despair on two things:
lack of sleep, and hotness.

Ok, so seriously, I am terribly blessed. Yes, my husband left on Tuesday, but I have wonderful friends here-I was brushing my teeth that night and I got this picture of what my life looks like, and it looked like a bunch of people coming up in a big huddle all around me and giving me a big hug. THAT'S the kind of love and support that I feel from my friends and family...that being said, I felt terribly sad and more burdened to pray for Brett-who went through the same sadness that I did ( though in a super manly way. hehehe) but he lacked the people to gather around him and help him and encourage him. He is not returning to a Spiritual Family or even close friends...and once again I am struck by how difficult the road he has faced these last 8 months. So, I continue to pray for him to be upheld by the ultimate Friend and Father...and that ultimately these last four months would be the best of all, in seeing all that the Lord can do!

The other things I've been meaning to share with you...not sure why...but it just hasn't "let go" of me just yet, so I figure I'd put it out there-in my quiet time on Monday I was struck by a passage I was reading in Ps 112:7-8:

The ( Righteous Man) is not afraid of bad news, his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord, His heart is steady, he will not be afraid. "


So wow! Remember the last time you got bad news? How did that make you feel? Did you feel all steady and calm? All trusting and unafraid by whatever the news was?
hehehe, yes, me neither.

But here's the thing, that's what the Lord is saying...those that Know Him and Know Him with all their might-they are able to look even in the face of the worst news and say, "It is well."
And it IS, it IS well...because we can KNOW with absolute certainty that His Will-will be done, His Plans-they will be carried out. His Son-will be glorified. So, whatever the world might throw our way, whatever curve ball lands on our plate, whatever life hands us....it is INCONSEQUENTIAL. He laughs in the face of such "minor details", and ultimately we can too!

Whatever setbacks you may have had recently, know this for certain that He already has His plan in motion and that plan will NOT be altered and He will NOT be surprised by what tomorrow brings. We may rest in the knowledge that He knows tomorrow and that He will prepare us for whatever it may bring.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is a good word!

Kristin said...

Thank you for this comfort. Your blog is often a big help to me... :)

Mark and Alisha said...

You inspire me!

donnave said...

Praise God...all that you said is true. His Word never changes and neither does He!

C. Bright said...

Amen!