September 12, 2009

Kingdom Come

It has been the craziest week. SO many bloggable things happened that most of them didn't get blogged ( isn't that just the way?)...and then, just like, that it became Saturday and here I am getting ready for a party and a guest ( both today) and a trip to Texas ( Tuesday).

And through all the crazy, I did have a moment to sit on my balcony and do a Quiet time this morning-So much is on my mind right now, so many things to lift up in prayer-so many things that I want so badly to happen. So many really wonderful blessings that I can only dare to hope for...and that's when it hit me, like a tiny little whisper coming over the railing of the balcony.

"Thy Kingdom Come, Thy will be done."

And then all those prayers, all those blessings and hopes that I am praying so hard for...why, it hardly matters! Because I know, that whatever DOES happen-whether the answers to my prayers are "yeses" or "nos"- HE will be glorified! HE will be honored! So, I suppose my prayer now is just that I was desire His will more than my own silly hopes. That His will, will also be my own wish, my own prayer.....

Oh, and just as a reminder-

I wrote this blog post almost a year ago ( seriously?! Wow! It doesn't seem like its been that long!) when my friend, Tabitha started blogging:

Go read it here!

In a lot of ways, I'm really proud of what I wrote there-I think I was able to capture some of my feelings about Tabitha pretty well in that post, although, I have found that even though I love to write-I quite often feel as though words fail me when it comes to describing my feelings about people, especially the people that I love. Anyway, nevertheless, I like that post, so you should go read it again if you haven't already. hahaha!

So, right, I bring this up again, because Tabitha, is coming to visit me this weekend! And I'm very excited! She is definitely one of my friends who, as the years have progressed, I have appreciated her thoughts and opinions more and more when it comes to my decisions in life. I know that she is seeking God in her own life and therefore I am always up for what she might have to say about my life too! ( selfish, I know!)

Lately, we've also been talking about turning some of our correspondence into a book...and so I've been going back through the archives of our friendship, so to speak, and its really REALLY amazing to see how far we have both come. I very much look forward to what the future will bring for us both!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I love this post. It definately hit home for me. Sometimes I pray for God's will but in all honesty I want my will do be done. I love you and cant wait to see you!