September 01, 2009

You're turn....

So, I've been reviewing books that I've been reading for a little while now, and now its your turn. Sort of.
Basically, there was a book on my list that, once I started it I realized I wasn't that interested...and then I realized that life was too short for me to force myself to read the whole thing. So I took it off my list. And now 16. over in the sidebar is sadly lacking....

And here's where you come in...

Give me some book ideas people! Give it a ponder, what books have you not been able to put down? Left an impact after reading? And start namedropping book titles in my comments...

I can hardly wait!
I can't believe I hadn't thought of this sooner!!

(for those of you who are late to the game, you can check out the books I'm planning on reading and books I've already review-click on the books that have lines thru them and it'll take you to the link of my review...all of this is located in my sidebar)

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I really liked Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's a Christian novel, so it is cheesy at times, but it really made me think a lot after I finished reading it and I couldn't put it down. Another great book that I always recommend is The Giver by Lois Lowery, but it's required reading for many schools, so you may already know it. Actually it's possible that you've read all of the books I have read. :)

Rachael said...

Sorry "Lowry" has no "e".

Abigail... said...

Oh TOTALLY! I read like every single francine rivers book in college! I could definitely stand a re-read! And The Giver is literally the first book I remember having long conversations about with my mom after reading it-it was the 5th grade and i realized that reading was no longer just a hobby!
Thanks for the wonderful suggestions!

Anonymous said...

Oooh... have you read The Penny: A Novel by Joyce Meyer and Deborah Bedford?? If you don't mind an emotional read, then I would recommend it to you for sure.

Lindsay said...

I know it's what everyone and their mother is reading, and you may have read it, but The Kiterunner is really really good.

Tabitha said...

Small beneath the sky by Lorna Crozier, if just for the "first cause" chapters.

donnave said...

I finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and couldn't wait to share it!! Could be that it is set in China, but it's very good. It has a lot of history abou twomen but it is really a story of friendship. Gotta love that!
And, I agree, Redeeming Love was good!