January 05, 2010

Up in the air

So, said goodbye to Tina and Wes today....they are headed back to Washington today. Bummer. I tried not to be super sad, but its hard! It was so lovely having them around. BUT! I've decided to be uplifting about life so I will not let it get me down!!

Like today, I went to the Columbus mall for the first time, and it was not half bad! I bought these totally fantastical yoga pants ( I don't do yoga, but I DO do elastic waist bands) that I am currently sporting in all their greatness. So that was good.

And now I'm home! And I got like FOUR emails today!! As in, real live, informational emails!! Apparently its a GOOD IDEA to take a break from facebook for a month ( which I am currently doing, except for the minor breakage of rules when I went on for FIVE MINUTES to look at pictures of my friend Katie's adorable son Morris...it was TOTALLY worth it, because he's the cutest thing.) because then it pushes people to ACTUALLY contact me. Or maybe its just because everyones feeling sorry for me here in Alabama....EITHER WAY, its a wonderful thing to receive some lovin' in the inbox!

In other news, we are in full swing on Brett's golden Birthday* and I'd say its going pretty well! I think the excitement of picking out a present from a mount of presents every day is pretty exciting in itself. And I must admit its driving ME a little crazy because I can hardly wait for him to get to some of the particularly GOOD presents I have mixed in there! Ahhh! I'm so bad at keeping secrets.


*Basically the idea is that your golden birthday is the year you turn the age of the date that you were born. i.e. Brett turned 26 on the 26th last year. Golden Birthday. Bam. However, he was in silly afghanistan and so we postpone the celebrating until this year. And by celebrating I mean, that, the year of your golden birthday you, traditionally, get a present a day-starting at the first of the month-until your birthday. That's 26 presents for Brett!! Talk about hitting the mother load!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think this means that being born on January 2nd was a total rip-off, as far as golden birthdays are concerned...

Katie Wright said...

So glad I was born on the 31st! Jackpot! Now I just have to persuade Mike to do it for me...
And glad you took a break from the fast to check out Morris. He IS worth it :) Love and Miss you!