April 19, 2010

Abigail's version of "Nesting"

So, its come to this. I'm finally coming up on my third Trimester. ROCK ON. And I have just gone ahead and given in to my Nesting desires. I mean, sure, I don't really have any place to actually make said "nest", but thank goodness we live in the modern age. The age of computers. The age of websites. The age of bookmarks.
Which brings me to my new favorite indulgence. It is SO much better than looking at magazines or making clippings from catalogues ( which is what we all did in the olden days), now I just click up on my toolbar where it says "bookmark" and I place all the things I want for my "nest" inside. In fact, really, its even better than a REAL LIVE nest ( sorta, or at least that's what I'm telling myself) because I don't actually have to PAY for any of it! YAY!

And now I'm going to force my nesting upon you like a person would force a slide show of boring vacation pictures on you at a dinner party ( which, incidentally has now been translated into the seemingly innocent "facebook photo album")

Without further ado my Nesting Wish list:

I would like this for my "new" spare bedroom that I do not actually have...


Its a "wrought iron headboard wall decal" from Mina Javid, how fun is the idea of having wall art instead of an actual headboard?!

Since our "new" house will have wood floors ( this is actually a true fact, we just don't actually live there yet), I would like this for our living room floor:



Martha Stewart has come up with these super cool tile rugs ( 19.7" x 19.7") that you can then put together for your own custom rug. Sweet.



OK, so this next one is for the "new baby" room that will one day exist...and you guys can totally help me with this one!



I got this picture off of HGTV's website of Beautiful Baby Rooms and I was immediately captivated by the idea of having a model of the solar system as a mobile for the baby room! For one thing, the planets kind of have special significance to little Hiphopopotamus's name ( post coming soon) and for another it just seems like a cool alternative to all the "babyish" mobiles I've seen around...Incidentally, I also like the idea of securing buckets on the wall as a cool place to store toys and stuffed animals.

Ok, so on to the next one is another "new baby" room item that I'm just dying to have:



These totally cute Garlands can be found at Mahar Drygoods, with a whole bunch of other really fun products that if I was at all crafty I could probably make myself...but I'm not and so I'm stuck just wishing I could buy them...alas, the garland I want is out of stock :-( ...But maybe I could commission one of my fabulous crafty friends to make them for me, hmmmmm?! I'll pay well I promise!

This last one just seems like something fun to have, though I'm not sure exactly where in the house I'd put it ( but isn't that half the fun? Finding a place for something?)



I found this tray and stand at westelm. com


So there you have it, folks! My nesting wish list...seriously, its almost as satisfying as actually setting up a house!
So what's on your imaginary wish list?

7 comments:

aggierudy3 said...

I've made garlands and would love to make you one for a long-distance shower present!!! I also have experience from sewing Tibetan-like prayer flags for a missions conference.

What kind of fabric do you like?

Amy K. said...

Are you really going to name your child Uranus? (tee-hee, tee-hee)

Katie said...

For reals!? I was THIS close to buying some bedding from IKEA to make a little something for your nursery, but didn't know if you were on board with garland frenzy. (Check it out here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80161310, they have curtains too). Would love to help with any crafty things you need- no need to pay!

Katie said...

Oh- and incidentally if we'd had a boy we were going to use/copy this decor from Land of Nod- http://www.landofnod.com/all-solar-systems-go-bedroom/kids/1. I just checked, out of curiosity, and they have a ceiling solar system kit that could probably be easily put onto a mobile :)

sharville said...

You already have volunteers, but if you have any other "crafty" needs, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I'd love to help!

Abby Scorsonelli said...

I'm with Amy.
URANUS is the only name that came to mind. Over and over.....
Post SOON!

Ps, love the nesting ideas. Especially the nautical garland. GO NAVY. Beat Army! :)

denny said...

I was thinking more of Pluto. Missin you guys. We hope y'all are doin well. Hollar sometime.