June 28, 2010

Mega Score

So, over the weekend Brett and I visited Ikea. A store that makes Brett stressed ( because of all the stimulation overload that the store has to offer) and makes me spend money ( because of all the stimulation overload that the store has to offer). So basically, if we do the store together it keeps ME at bay and...well....poor Brett.

But, anyways. On this particular trip to Ikea Brett remained calm and I remained frugal and all in all it was a major success.

First off, we bought a coffee table, which is excellent news for anyone who's been to our house lately and seen the sad excuse for a coffee table we've been using ever since the movers broke it when we moved in.

And then, we also got two little toys for Ransom because, well, maybe the stimulation overload got to me and Brett was too tired to stop me. And besides I'm a sucker for brightly colored yet also minimalist toys that ALSO cost $1.99 a piece. And THEN came the major score of the day....a crib mattress.

Crib mattresses cost around 80 or so dollars at most places ( Target, Babies R Us, Wal-Mart) and that's for the cheap ones...but not at Ikea. OH NO. At Ikea you can get a similar mattress for $39.99. I was positively gitty over my savings!!

So, because of the amazing savings I also got a super bright and adorable new duvet cover for the guest bedroom...afterall, Tabitha is coming to visit this weekend to kick start what I like to call The Ransom Tour of 2010-when we're going to be pulling a serious rotating door policy on the guest bedroom while Brett is in Ranger School and I'm home "alone" with a new born....so to have a really cute yellow and white stripped duvet cover just seemed right.

3 comments:

Jenilee said...

FUN! I also LOVE IKEA and there is one about 30 minutes from my house. I don't go as often as I'd like to but I am feeling the need to go again! :) I LOVE their baby/kid stuff too!

thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Tabitha said...

Ooooh. Pretty. Can't wait!

Bethany said...

Aww, I'm going to miss the striped/polk dot duvet...so many good visits