October 20, 2011

New Recipe time!!!


So, as I have said before...I'm a little bit addicted to Pinterest. But, unlike past addictions this one is a KEEPER! I currently have a cute fall wreath on my front door, a fun fall centerpiece on my table and I'm working on a wine bottle vase right now....and don't get me started on the recipes.

Well, actually you SHOULD get me started because you have just GOT to try some of the yummy things that have been going on in my house lately.

First of all, Sunday Waffle Day is something everyone should do. I mean, if you need to make it Saturday Waffle Day or Sunday Pancake Day that's ok too...the point is. Breakfast is a lost art in my house most of the time...but I'm LOVING bringing it back and making it "special" again.

So, we tried a truly awesome recipe a few weeks ago and I've already made them again! PUMPKIN WAFFLES! ( I adapted my recipe from this link ...its pretty much the same I just save you a little on how many bowls you need to use-seriously. Who likes to do dishes?!?)


  •  1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • • 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • • 1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • • 2 tsp. ginger
  • • 1/4 tsp. cloves ( I have yet to have this on hand...still turned out yum!) 
  • • 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
  • • 2 large eggs
  • • 1 cup whole milk
  • • 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
  • • 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and warm
  1. Lightly oil the waffle iron with vegetable oil, and set it to the desired temperature.
  2. Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Whisk together to break apart the cornstarch. Add the remaining dry ingredients, and whisk to blend.
  3. Separate eggs: yolks go into dry ingred. bowl and whites get set aside in a smaller bowl.
  4. Add pumpkin and milk to the egg yolks.
  5. Whip egg whites with a hand mixer on high until stiff peaks form – about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Set aside.
  6. Pour melted butter into the yolk/milk/pumpkin mixture. As you pour, use electric mixer to mix everything together. ( This is why I do the egg whites first..so I can use the same dirty electric mixer...)
  7. Slide the whipped egg whites out of the bowl and onto the mixture you just prepared. Gently fold them in until no white bits are obvious.
  8. Pour into waffle iron. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Abby Scorsonelli said...

Oh you don't know how EXCITED I am to read this post. I've been craving anything PUMPKIN and love the idea of waffles. Can't wait to try them this Sunday! Wooo! Thanks for sharing.

PS, I've been INCREDIBLY delinquent. What's your mailing address??

mktgaggie05 said...

I pinned this recipe, too! Do you really use freshly grated nutmeg or the nutmeg you find in the spice section of the baking aisle?? I'm thinking I might just try these on Saturday...if I can get up early enough, LOL!