November 21, 2011

I wish I'd thought of this sooner ( Happy Birthday, Me.)

So, on Sunday I was taking my thirty minute walk with God...which turned into me sitting on a swing in the elementary school's playground that is conveniently located across the street from our house....the sky was beautiful, bright autumn blue with streaks of clouds across it. The air was warm, but since it was about 3pm most of the humidity had burned off ( thanks Georgia Fall...you just CANT make up your mind can you!?)...anyway, I was listening to praise music and thanking God for many things. And I was reminded that when I turned 22, I took the time every day of the month of November, up until my Birthday...to talk about a different person ( or persons) who have impacted my life up to that point.
So I went back, and I checked it out. 

 Its interesting that if I was to do the same thing today, there would be a whole slew of new people that I would need to add, and that in just 6 years I could think of ten people ( or peoples) who I would definitely need to talk about, thank God for, be reminded of how they have impacted me, changed me and helped shape the person I am today. ( and that list includes really impacting people...like my husband(!) and son(!)) Its amazing how quickly time passes and how much has happened in the past 6 years. I've moved 6 times and lived in 4 different states, I've gotten married, "joined" the Army Life, I've had four jobs-two of which were non-paying ( haha!) ...so make that FIVE jobs ( I'm now counting Mothering as a job), and I've had a child, I've become an aunt several times over, and I've made many new friends and lost touch with several. I've come to terms with the person that I once was, and I've learned a lot about who I want to be.
I am excited that the next six years prove to be JUST as exciting!!

No comments: