January 10, 2012

Drought.

So, while chatting with a friend on FB this morning I was reminded of an important verse for me...

"He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." ( Jer 17:8) 

So much goodness there, a combo of exhorting- Am I planted by water? Am I not anxious no matter circumstances? Have I ceased to bear fruit? ...

...and encouragement: I do not have to fear when crunch times come, I do not have to be anxious in rough times when things are drier than a bone...for I have living Water! 

Yes, I would not hesitate when saying this is a "drought" season- being with out my Other Half is bad enough. But then, at the same time this verse is perfect, because I hesitate in saying this are Bad. They are definitely NOT bad. 

Getting to watch my son grow and learn every day. To see the big and small ways that the Lord provides for my mental wellbeing every day. To see the Lord working in the Lives all around...these are good things. These are the green leaves that keep me going. :-) 

No comments: