February 12, 2012

In lue of a picture...

So, I guess a picture of Ransom does not constitute as a blog post, huh?
Ah well, you can't blame me though, life has been busy ( but what's new?) and I've been writing never-to-be-published blog posts in my head for weeks now...So, I'll take this Sunday Ransom Nap Time While Brett Is At Work time and write a real life honest to goodness post!

For Brett's birthday my parents sent him a box of goodies. It was totally and completely a wonderful gift because it was so very them and yet it also was perfect for Brett because he just so happens to like similar things ;-). Anyway, it was a combo of random household things that one can't live with out...and then books. ( We allllll love books) And since Brett works all the time and therefore has little chance to read, I decided that it wouldn't hurt anyones feelings if I read one of the books my parents sent.
Its called Son of Hamas and its the most incredible true story of Mosab Hassan Yousef "Joseph" the son of one of the seven founders of the Palestinian group Hamas that we, in the West, all know so well from its many terrorist attacks against Israel, it is his jaw-dropping tale of becoming a Spy for the Israelis to help bring down Hamas from the inside and how he step by step, piece by piece became a follower of Jesus.

I don't know what kind of books you like to read, dear readers...but I'm not even kidding, I could barely put this book down. I read it while Ransom was playing, I read it while he was eating, while he was napping, I read it while I was waiting for Brett to put on his PJs and get into bed, I read it while he went to the bathroom in the middle of watching a movie...basically any second of my day I could squeeze in a few seconds, I did. It was part spy thriller/ part biography of a modern day muslim/part love story to the Lord.... It was truly one of the clearest reminders of what Christ's Love can truly do and the Hope that it brings to this world that I have had in a long time. Read. This. Book.

3 comments:

The Spychallas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Spychallas said...

First, I cannot WAIT to read that book. It sounds amazing (which I know was the point - it definitely worked). :) Second, I'm glad I'm not the only person that has never to be published blog posts in my head.

Anonymous said...

Definitely getting this book....btw, I miss you Wilson's!
Aunt Donnave