April 10, 2012

My favorite

He's my favorite


I tell Ransom he's my favorite all the time. I usually say something like, "you're my very favorite child."
This is of course very true since he's also my only child, but I still like to say it. And I have a feeling that I'll say it even when we have more children. I'll probably tell my other child that they are my favorite too.
It will be no less true.

I get away with this because by definition Favorite ( adjective) means: Preferred before all others of the same kind.

And I feel like Ransom is the only one of his kind. As will be true of all future offspring. There. Explained.

So this Friday one of my dear friends is throwing a Favorite Things Party. The basic idea is that everyone invited brings three of their favorite things, categories are endless, and then we all put our names in a hat and everyone draws and gets three new favorite things to take home....
How totally fab is that?!

I've been so excited about this party for ages ever since my friend explained the concept to me. As you know, from my giveaways last year, I am a fan of sharing my favorite things...and I have a lot of them.  What blew my mind was that some of the other invitees where having trouble coming up with things to bring. I'm personally having trouble narrowing down my list!!

So, if you were invited what would you bring? Here are some of the things that didn't make the cut for me:

Restaurant trips with a baby/toddler made easier....

I love wearing this ring...and getting strange looks and remarks like, "what's THAT?!"

This one couldn't make the list because it's technically not "mine"...but Ransom looks like such a little dude when he wears these, and I love it
.


I literally use one or more of these babies every single day in the kitchen.

If I could get away with it...I'd wear this skirt every day 

I'm currently using this as my "diaper bag"...but its more like my "take the sink with me" bag.

I bought this because I have a kid...but I've actually used it more on my own sad little ankles (its oh so cute!) 

If you haven't seen this movie, its not just for "people with kids"...It is one of the greatest tales of humanity I've seen, and while its been ages...I still think about this movie. 

I just read this book over the weekend and it made me laugh/cry.  Bonus: It's by one of my favorite bloggers!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a seriously great post with some seriously great stuff. I was bookmarking as I went :o) Although, I probably should have been pinning. I'm still not used to doing that, and I think I'd rather use the elaborate bookmarking system I've developed. Anyway, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to hanging out with you and the rest of the girls on Friday!

Katie said...

Thomas and I both love this idea! And we're totally going to steal it :). I have way to many things on my list but here are a few that daily make me happy: good quality dark chocolate, my anthropologie coffee mug that looks like it has paint splattered in it from Mothers Day 2010, Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea, mason jars, hair clips, my sewing machine, my dslr, mail, and my homemade all purpose cleaner and knit cloths.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.