July 30, 2012

Drum roll please.....

While we were in Texas, we got some amazing hook ups and were able to get an ultra-sound done by a friend of a friend. It was great to see the babies again, re-assurance that I'm getting fatter for a reason, but it was a bonus that my mom and sister where able to come along with Brett and I and experience the craziness that is seeing twins on an ultra-sound. Annnnnnd....we got to find out the sex of the babies!!

Looks like the girls are gonna out number the boys in the Wilson household in one fell swoop. Identical baby girls, moving around like crazy. Kicking and flipping and stretching out like they owned the place! It was really fun to watch, but also a tad overwhelming. I just hope they are enjoying all the room they have now because things are gonna get a smidge cramped in just a few weeks time.

So, per usual, finding out the gender of the babies has made things even more real for us. Probably also how pregnant I'm looking these days also helps, but whatever the case, I am definitely starting to allow myself to appreciate the full repercussions of having multiple babies at once. For one thing, every person I've talked to who has had twins or knows someone with twins has told me hands down that I will need help. And LOTS of it.  This seems all the more important to me,  knowing how little Brett will be around. Even if he isn't deployed, he'll still be in Command, and that's pretty much a 20 hour a day job. So, it looks like my major prayer request right now is for help. I don't even know what form of help I'm praying for...if that just means a steady stream of friends and family in our home for months and months ( that's not even counting if I get put on bed-rest before they are due!!), or if we're talking someone who is willing to move in for four months or so and become an indentured servant ( aka room/board and maybe minimum wage! haha!) . ( I say that only because we're not made of money and a live in Nanny is not something I have put in the budget for 2013.)....so yeah, my prayer basically consists of me saying, 'God, you know what's going on...you know what's about to happen, you know what we need....please, please, pleeeeeease provide us the help that we will need! amen'

If you'd like to join in and pray that prayer with me that would be fantastic. And hey, if you know someone who'd like to join the Wilson family during a particularly exciting time of our lives, let me know! I'm taking applications. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Two beautiful baby girls! Hope they have your smile! :) Congratulations, again, and your family will be in our prayers!

-Rachel Hill Bates

Janis Dietz said...

How exciting!! Oh, I wish I could come!
So, I know you had one girl's name..have you come up with another?

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are going to need help before and after BUT He WILL provide. I love your sense of humor! You are in our prayers daily and we will add the need for that help. He knows already and has everything planned out--no worries! Love to you all.
Aunt Sheron