February 19, 2016

Book update: A little TLC, a little QT

Hey friends, does anyone remember that somewhere in the last three years I said I was writing a book?!? Anyone?! Anyone??

Well, in those last three years I've done a lot of things- including but not limited to having a whole extra child...and yes, I did write a fair amount too, but as I evaluated  my 2015 when it came to writing I had fallen waaaay behind. I was stuck. I wasn't sure what to do about it. I think under different circumstances I would have taken a long weekend, gotten rid of distractions- maybe even checked into a hotel- and gotten myself back on track with my manuscript. But instead I changed another diaper, managed another 3 year old threenager moment and read aloud to a 5 year old. 
And then, seemingly out of no where my solution arrived through a little thing called Story Spool: Editing Services. 
I contacted Melissa immediately and I knew within seconds that I would be able to trust her with my "baby" (full disclosure- Melissa is also one of my forever friends, as well. Which makes it handy.). 
I filled out a questionnaire, wrote a few emails back and forth and then sent her a copy of my book thus far... And then I waited....In actuality it was not a long wait- Melissa is AMAZING! She's got two kids and an Army hubs and yet she was super timely! - yet I felt like someone who's called someone for a date is now waiting to hear back. 
In the end, what I received in return was pure gold:
In just two short days Melissa had taken my work, and projected it back to me in a workable format. Without changing word of the manuscript-  I was able to see it for what it was, and better yet for what it COULD BE. What a gift! 
Oh, and she also gave me a schedule for writing as I move forward.  Which we all know is, like, my love language. The only way it would have been better is if she'd included a sticker reward chart. ( I'll be sure to mention this to her in my review). 

So, as I head into March I am suuuuper excited that my book and I finally have a plan to spend more time together and I truly believe I'll be able to give you all more exciting updates in the near future! 

In the mean time, have you "liked" my blog on Facebook, yet?! Have you shared my page with your friends?! Because you'll be getting regular memoir updates there first, and I think you'll want to be a part of the cool crowd when this next "baby" is born. 

No comments: