April 12, 2005

Having talented friends...

My sister's old roommate and now a close family friend...Anna Purdum wrote a song back in 1995 that she thought of when she thought of me and my "current living situation" and she passed it on to me this past sunday. Its perfect! And I share it with you now!

"Lead Me On"

Driving nights and sleeping days,
many miles from any place.
If you see the waitress, tell her go ahead and fill my cup.
Haphazard, homelss,
hitchhiking home,
having faith that God will not give up ( on me...)

Even the foxes have their dens.
The birds of the air have their nests.
But the Son og Man has no place to lay His head.

But You can lead me on.
Lead me on. Lead me on to where You are.

So I shed a tear
to finally hear
familiarity to call.
But as many times as I turn
one key in the same door
it's still just temporary
after all.

Lord, my hand is to the plow.
I surrender my den, my nest and my bed.
And for all I care the dead can bury their own dead

And You can lead me on.
Lead me on. Lead me to where You are.

Are we bot all much the same,
just holy wanderers,
who make our way through unfamiliar halls.
Sometimes we stop
in the name of stability,
confined, yet unproetect by the walls.

I will find my home in Your will.
I will find my home in Your kingdom.
I will find my home in Your now.
And you can lead me on.
Lead me on. Lead me on to where You are.
To where You are.

No comments: