June 02, 2005

tonight my heart says:

just downloaded "Homesick" by mercyme off of itunes....

just read " Here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come." ( Heb 13;14)

Friends, I admit sometimes I get so consumed with my life...what I want it to be, what it is, what it isnt....all of these things fog my vision.
I find myself without rest. I find myself falling short of all expectations...loosing sight of my Life ( with a capital L).
"There remains therefore a rest for the people of God." Heb. 4:9

But that rest is not here. That rest is not now.
For now is for fight, now is for war....

And while I know this...I know the fight is on, I know that if I dont fight I will fail...I know that I will fall, just as I fell today...

I close my eyes and I see your face. If home is where my heart is then I am out of place, Lord wont you give me strength to make it through somehow. I've never been so homesick than now."

Oh! Oh! And I love Ps 25....especially in the King James Version ( dont know why....) go read it right now

this is the part that particularly spoke to me tonight
....HIS SOUL SHALL DWELL AT EASE; and his seed shall inherit the earth.The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles....

I pray for my friends tonight that are stressed, those who feel the waves have gotten too high that they can no longer see Jesus walking towards them on the water. I know that the Lord will take your hand this day...

No comments: