September 03, 2005

tears from heaven

as we all know "tears from heaven" is one of my favorite phrases and I use it on a regular basis in many situations and circumstances. And last night I used it and I as i said it I realized it had been a long time. TOO LONG.


Anyway, beside the light begining- I had a laugh filled dinner with my mom and my sister-

When I got home last night I had to try HARD not to think.
My cat has run away from my sister's house-which is where we moved her when my parents moved into the hotel. She has been gone for two days. I have yet to cry about it-I am trying not to think about it...but to tell you the truth, its just AWFUL.

But it got me thinking...
Have you ever had moments where you want to run away from home? I know I am being selfish about all the distruction and hardship that is going on at the moment- I watched refugees move into my apartment complex all day...its horrible to think what these people have been through-what they ARE going through.
I worry about my country. I think the way this tragedy has been handled in many instances has shown our true colors. Looting, murder...crime in general. Its horrible....

But, just when I was having too many End-of-the-World thoughts... I read this:

Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields [b] with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.



I felt better.

On another note:
As you may have noticed, I am still in Nacogdoches...because of various events I did not go to Cleburne this weekend... I was very disappointed, but I am sure it will all work out for the best. Which is why I hope I see everyone in town at the Americana Festival. And before you go....check my dad's article for this week out...its AWESOME!

No comments: