January 25, 2006

nursemaid...

So today I spent the whole day being a nurse and a maid...both went rather well...though I do have a killer-as headache going on here...

The "nurse" part was taking care of my sister after her routine procedure (doesnt that sound very official of me?)...she is an excellent patient-in fact, I did very little "caregiving" at all...and mostly filled up her cup with more juice...and went out and got her food and helped her watch movies...yeah, being a nurse is a tough life but somebodies got to do it. ;-)

The maid part was pretty awful, because for once I reeeeeally didnt want to clean the apartment-I've been putting it off for days-hoping that the housecleaning fairies would do it for me-but, alas, they didnt...and let me just tell you...it was gross...and I wasnt in the mood...and the ONLY thing that can make cleaning an apartment better isssssss....waaaait foooor itttttt....NEW CLEANING SUPPLIES! That's right!!!! I went out and bought possibly the BEST Swiffer dry/wet mop/broom....all you have to do is put on these amazing little cloths...clever dry ones that pick up the tiniest bits of dust...and then marvelous wet ones that MOP your floor without all the nastiness that is so often involved in regular mopping ( the gross dirt from the last time you mopped-still stuck in the mop....the inevitable spilling of water everywhere-possibly just when I do it but whatever...etc etc.) Anyway, I could rave on about my Swiffer mop/broom for days but instead I'll continue on with my AMAZING tolietbowl cleaner...these wonderful disposable brushes that you clip onto a long handle...you scrub the toliet with them..and when you are through you just push a button and the brush drops into the toliet where it dissolves...or gets flushed away which every you decide...oooooh! it is magic....and you, the cleaner...do not have to take a dripping brush out of a toliet and stash it somewhere...NO! NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Once again...I could go on for days...but instead I'll tell you about my "magic eraser" spunge that magically cleans away all scum in the bathtub/shower in practically two swips....At first I laughed at the name "magic eraser"...but now...now I do not doubt its powers....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! the power of Clean!

*pause*

ohmygoodness...I just spent an entire paragraph discussing the joys of cleaning products! Its official....I am a freak...

No comments: