January 26, 2006

"Reading Room, this is Abbey!"

So, close your eyes and imagine me lounging in front of the T.V. letting my brain "rest" while I watch a DVD...and then the phone rings...and I answer it....
Let me just tell you-it is REEEEALLY amazing that I dont just blurt out "Reading Room, this is Abbey!" without thinking, since I say it a million times a day...in fact, today ( starting now, at 10:23) I am going to COUNT how many times I say it.
Somethings just are imbedded in your subconscious...

Hey, so how's everyones day going? I havent blogged this early in a while! I guess its just one of those days where I am in a more "talkative" mood. Something I havent really been in a while-who knows why? I guess I've had a lot on my mind-you know, personal details-the stuff we so carefully avoid...( ooooh maaaan! I just realized I had started to quote a movie without realizing it! hahaha!)

Anyway, we all know its not true about the "personal details"...I am constantly sharing toomuchinformation with my readers...But, amazingly enough there ARE some things I dont write about! HA! Imagine that!!!!
Actually, I think the reason for the lackluster-take on blogging this week is that I realized just that...words are often not enough.

Example: Most of the time, during my quiet times I write down just about EVERY THING. Its almost like I really cant sort things out well enough in my head-I have to write it down for it to stick-or at least that's how I feel sometimes.
BUT, there are somethings that are too deep for words...too personal even for a personal journal. But, even as I write this I think-is that actually true? I think of some of my favorite authors and I think about how BEAUTIFULLY they express the very whispers in my soul...they put words to very personal feelings...infact, as I read their words I say out loud, "YES! That's EXACTLY how it is!!!"
I guess you could say that is why I love them so much...they are like translators of the deepest communications with God.
I think that type of translating is truly a Gift from God, and as I see how very often I fail at being able to do it on my own-I am more and more thankful for those with the gift...how they have helped and encouraged my spiritual life....how they have put the most important of experiences into words for me!

No comments: