April 20, 2006

Memories...

Wow, I spent a good portion of today in the past....
Because I was cleaning out my closet, I thought it was a good time to go get some of my "junk tubs" from my parents house...sadly, I have SO many memory containers that...I was only able to take three with me....but, let me just tell you it was INSANE to go through all those letters, notes, cards, old newspapers, scrapbooks, pictures, magazine articles....turns out I kept a lot of really random stuff-but I'm SO glad I did!
Because, amazingly enough, there are some things you TOTALLY forget about until you see the picture or read the note...and then the memory comes flooding back...or, equally entertaining, you find a picture of yourself with some guy...who is obviously in a band of somesorts...and for the life you, you CANNOT figure out who he is! hehehe...obviously a one hit wonder....Hey, Meredith, do you remember that concert we went to at SFA when we were sophomores? Who was that, they had that ONE hit song? I think it might be from that...

Annnyway...
I also think its interesting that some people are able to make amazing scrap books of all their memories...I, on the other hand, just have these big boxes of things....all mixed together...the very THOUGHT of trying to put them into some sort of recognizable order, or have it make sense at all... is mind boggling...which is why I like my way of doing it, for its more of how such things are represented in my mind, memories from when I was 10 leads to a memory from when I was 16....and, besides, I had a GREAT time pulling it all out, piece by piece.

I also read the columns I wrote for the my high school newspaper...and I have to say, some of them were pretty funny, yet at the same time I am SHOCKED that I got away with half of the things that I said! Obviously no one was reading them. ;-)

No comments: