May 13, 2006

What I'm needing..

Sometimes I think that if I dont get just a Glimpse I'm going to wilt away....

And when I have no other words, there are always hymns to turn to:

We would see Jesus, for the Shadows lengthen, Across the little landscape of our life;
we would see Jesus, our weak faith to stengthen. For the last weariness, the final strife.

We would see Jesus, the great rock foundation, Whereon our feet were set by sovereign grace;
Not life nor death, with all their agitation, can thence remove us if we see His face.

We would see Jesus, other lights are paling, which for long years we have rejoiced to see;
The blessings of our pilgramage are failing; we would not mourn them, for we go to Thee.

We would see Jesus, this is all we're needing: Strength, Joy and Willingness, come with the sight
We would see Jesus, dying, risen, pleading: Then welcome day! and Farewell mortal night!

~ Anna Warner

And this one:

I need Thee every hour, Most gracious Lord! No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee every hour, O I need Thee Every hour I need Thee O bless me now, my Saviour-I come to Thee.
I need Thee every hour, Stay Thou near by, Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
I need Thee every hour, In joy or pain, Come quickly and abide, Or life is vain.
I need Thee every hour, Most Holy One, O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son!

~Annie Hawks

No comments: