July 01, 2006

Aretha Franklin Weather

So, it rained this afternoon...which brought unseasonable cool upon East Texas...along with some lovely rolling thunder and beautiful skies.
I sat on my balcony and basked in the fresh air, with my feet up on the wicker furniture, writing in my journal when the fancy struck....

The lady in a building several buildings away came out on her balcony and turned her stereo up loud, I watched as she bobbed to the music.
Aretha Franklin never sounded so good-bouncing off the concrete buildings and into the rain...

For once I was happy that my neighbors are so very bent upon sharing their musical tastes with the world. I will remember that hour and a half on my balcony when I leave this place in a few weeks...because those are the memories worth remembering.

No comments: