August 31, 2006

" I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness and speak comfort to her." ~ Hos. 2:14

Tonight, I got this verse, and my first reaction was to reject it even though I knew it was speaking directly to me...it was funny, because for some reason I was scared...

Oh, but the Lord is Faithful.

"But we have this treasure in EARTHEN VESSELS, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be OF GOD and not from ourselves, we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed, perplexed, but not despairing, persecuted but not forsaken; struck down but not destroyed, always carrying about in the body of Jesus, that the LIFE of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. " II Cor. 4: 7-

Funny thing just happened....I was reading back through my journal and on one page I'd written in quotation marks ( as though I was speaking to someone) the following questions: "What are you doing? I feel like you aren't in the best of places, yet what ARE you reading?! What ARE you watching?"

It was funny because when I first read it I immediately thought of myself...how those questions applied completely and totally to ME...but then, I remembered-when I wrote the questions I was actually speaking in frustration about SOMEONE ELSE!
HA! Talk about casting the first stone!! How awful!

But, it was a good lesson for tonight...oh that I would truly Love.

No comments: