September 30, 2006

tossed

I'm trying to think what a good post for this morning would be exactly...
I've spent the time I've been awake this morning praying for various friends...and myself.

Actually, prayed for myself first! How bad is that?!
Anyway, I've gotten a lot of verses this morning that were very helpful to me- thought I'd share a little. Because, I'm continually surprised ( I shouldnt be, should I?) how interconnected we all are...

Unless the Lord builds the house its builders labor is in vain
Unless the Lord watches over the city the watchmens guard is in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-for He grants sleep to those He loves
Ps.127:1-2

I've constantly been reminded as of late how totally UNcapable I am...in pretty much EVERY aspect of my life. I wouldnt say I've been totally discouraged...I've just had times of general "overwhelmedness". And I'm often very very afraid that I'll some how MESS UP the good gifts that the Lord has given me...
But, here's the thing:

"My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9

Whew! How OFTEN must I be reminded of that? I start doing what I want to do, what I think is best...it will never ever be enough, my heart is truly deceitful. But Luckily the Lord actually reviles in my weakness...He delights in it-because in it HE is exalted.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Ps. 139:23-24

But, what a comfort...no matter how much I lie to myself...how much I ignore the Truth...no matter how much I mess...He KNOWS. He KNOWS that my true desire is to serve Him.

He will honor that.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strength your heart. Ps 27:4

~~

I'm totally burdened for my friends this morning, friends who are fighting it out against the difference between
"Enough" and "Exactly Right"

May God's perfect Will be done...

No comments: