October 12, 2006

the difference.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We love Him because He first loved us.
Herein our love is made pefect, that we might have boldness in judgment
Because as He is, so are we in this world.




I am shocked to find how very unstable my foundation is. Or wait...hold on...maybe that's not it. Its just that I cant carry any deadweight on my back. I start to sink.

Tonight, I tried to pick someone else up off the floor. Her situation is scarily similar to mine in so many ways...but then...then there are the differences.
All the differences are Spiritual.

I tried to pick her up, and I felt myself sinking...it started with Fear...and was followed by Hopelessnes.

I had to get out of there...I had to leave. I had to go home and pray. I couldnt think there. I couldnt listen to it any longer. It was shocking how quickly I started to believe the Lies.

You know what makes me the sickest, though? I got out of there... but she is stuck in the darkness...she is STUCK in that miry pit of fear and hopelessness...she's stuck and cant get out. I came home, I felt better. I thanked the Lord for His mercy to me. His grace. But, oh how awful to see my own strength and see that it was NOT enough to get someone so similar in so many ways OUT. How do you HELP the Blind?! How do you HELP the deaf?!


and then I heard the whisper...

He came to set the captives free...

No comments: